by Xuefei Chen Axelsson
Stockholm, Sept.21(Greenpost, Chineseonline) — Chinese President Xi Jinping on Monday shared his thoughts on the role of the United Nations (UN) in the post-COVID era, opposing unilateralism, bullying or any country acting like “boss of the world.”
Xi made the comments at a high-level meeting to commemorate the 75th anniversary of the UN.
Stressing that the UN must stand firm for justice, Xi said no country has the right to dominate global affairs, control the destiny of others, or keep advantages in development all to itself.
“Even less should one be allowed to do whatever it likes and be the hegemon, bully or boss of the world,” Xi said.
He said it is imperative that the representation and voice of developing countries be increased so that the UN could be more balanced in reflecting the interests and wishes of the majority of countries in the world.
Stressing that the UN must uphold the rule of law, Xi said relations among countries and coordination of their interests must only be based on rules and institutions.
“They must not be lorded over by those who wave a strong fist at others,” Xi said.
Big countries should lead by example in advocating and upholding the international rule of law and in honoring their commitments, he added.
“There must be no practice of exceptionalism or double standards. Nor should international law be distorted and used as a pretext to undermine other countries’ legitimate rights and interests or world peace and stability,” Xi said.
The Chinese president said the UN must promote cooperation, noting that “Cold War mentality, ideological lines or zero-sum game are no solution to a country’s own problems, still less an answer to mankind’s common challenges.”
“What we need to do is to replace conflict with dialogue, coercion with consultation and zero-sum with win-win,” he added.
The Chinese president also said that the UN must focus on real action.
“To put into practice the principle of multilateralism, we must act, not just talk,” Xi said. “There must be a cure, not just a therapy.”
The UN should aim at problem solving and move toward tangible outcomes as it advances security, development and human rights in parallel, he added.
In particular, he said priority should be given to addressing non-traditional security challenges such as public health.
At the meeting, Xi lauded UN’s role in 75 years, saying the organization has traveled an extraordinary journey.
He said the 75 years has seen dramatic progress in human society and profound changes in the international situation, and has been a period of rapid development of multilateralism.
Xi said China firmly defends the central role of the UN in international affairs.
China firmly upholds the UN-centered international system and the international order underpinned by international law, he said.
“Let us renew our firm commitment to multilateralism, work to promote a community with a shared future for mankind,” Xi said before concluding his remarks.
Chinese President Xi Jinping addresses a high-level meeting to commemorate the 75th anniversary of the United Nations via video on Sept. 21, 2020. (Xinhua/Ju Peng)BOSS OF THE WORLDPRESIDENT XIUN
PREVIOUS POST第十二届海峡论坛大会在厦门成功举办NEXT POST习近平在联合国成立75周年纪念峰会上的讲话（全文）
LEAVE A REPLY
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Sweden-China Bridge 瑞中桥
- 天涯共此时——中秋节线上文化周盛大启幕 Opening of Mid-Autumn Festival Cultural Week09/28/2020
- Ambassador Gui: Reformer, öppnande och tolerans mot omvärlden främjar en framgångsrik utveckling i Kina09/28/2020
- 新冠再度泛滥 芬兰收紧国门09/24/2020
- Finland’s Restrictions on entry into the country to be tightened due to COVID-1909/24/2020
- 时评：严防超级传播者 新冠肺炎的传播特点和防控09/23/2020
- Chinese President Xi expounds on UN’s role in post-COVID era, opposing unilateralism, “boss of world”09/21/2020
- Kraftigt ras i utrikeshandeln09/18/2020
- The Red Women Army made in 196009/17/2020
- Xinjiang is one of the largest or the largest wind power plant09/17/2020
- Xinjiang’s beautiful river09/14/2020
- Grattis för din födelsedag 祝你生日快乐！09/09/2020
- Greenpost Exclusive Interview with Chinese Ambassador Gui Congyou09/07/2020
- 杨洁篪署名文章：尊重历史 面向未来 坚定不移维护和稳定中美关系09/07/2020
- China eases entry rules for citizens of 36 European countries08/14/2020
- “我爱瑞典” 我情不自禁地说08/13/2020
- 2020“文化中国·水立方杯”芬兰华侨华人中文歌曲大赛启动 – 报名开始08/13/2020
- 今日头条：“共克时艰 抱团取暖”瑞典中国商会举办线上抗疫座谈会08/13/2020
- 北欧绿色邮报网 on Ambassador Gui Congyou has a written interview with Green Post
- pefiowawa on SCEA and China-Sweden Startup Forum encourage young entrepreneurs to come to China
- Wilma on Ambassador Gui Congyou has a written interview with Green Post
- 陈 雪霏 on Ambassador Gui Congyou has a written interview with Green Post
- 陈 雪霏 on 时评：勿忘9.11 谴责恐怖主义
- 陈 雪霏 on 时评：勿忘9.11 谴责恐怖主义
- Season Westerbeck on China and Finland Promote Cultural and Tourism to Improve Trade and Tourism Industry
- Tory Muntz on 时评：勿忘9.11 谴责恐怖主义
- Forrest Perreira on China and Finland Promote Cultural and Tourism to Improve Trade and Tourism Industry
- truck wreckers on Ambassador Gui Congyou has a written interview with Green Post
- September 2020 (32)
- August 2020 (26)
- July 2020 (18)
- June 2020 (28)
- May 2020 (56)
- April 2020 (57)
- March 2020 (207)
- February 2020 (268)
- January 2020 (35)
- December 2019 (79)
- November 2019 (94)
- October 2019 (185)
- September 2019 (206)
- August 2019 (45)
- July 2019 (70)
- June 2019 (58)
- May 2019 (80)
- April 2019 (12)
- March 2019 (57)
- February 2019 (47)
- January 2019 (68)
- December 2018 (43)
- November 2018 (85)
- October 2018 (92)
- September 2018 (80)
- August 2018 (79)
- July 2018 (38)
- June 2018 (59)
- May 2018 (65)
- April 2018 (85)
- March 2018 (89)
- February 2018 (75)
- January 2018 (76)
- December 2017 (48)
- November 2017 (67)
- October 2017 (94)
- September 2017 (64)
- August 2017 (65)
- July 2017 (15)
- June 2017 (38)
- May 2017 (70)
- April 2017 (34)
- March 2017 (113)
- February 2017 (55)
One thought on “CHINESE PRESIDENT XI EXPOUNDS ON UN’S ROLE IN POST-COVID ERA, OPPOSING UNILATERALISM, “BOSS OF WORLD””
My name’s Eric and I just found your site chinaeurope.eu.
It’s got a lot going for it, but here’s an idea to make it even MORE effective.
Talk With Web Visitor – CLICK HERE https://talkwithwebvisitors.com for a live demo now.
Talk With Web Visitor is a software widget that’s works on your site, ready to capture any visitor’s Name, Email address and Phone Number. It signals you the moment they let you know they’re interested – so that you can talk to that lead while they’re literally looking over your site.
And once you’ve captured their phone number, with our new SMS Text With Lead feature, you can automatically start a text (SMS) conversation… and if they don’t take you up on your offer then, you can follow up with text messages for new offers, content links, even just “how you doing?” notes to build a relationship.
CLICK HERE https://talkwithwebvisitors.com to discover what Talk With Web Visitor can do for your business.
The difference between contacting someone within 5 minutes versus a half-hour means you could be converting up to 100X more leads today!
PS: Studies show that 70% of a site’s visitors disappear and are gone forever after just a moment. Don’t keep losing them.
Talk With Web Visitor offers a FREE 14 days trial – and it even includes International Long Distance Calling.
You have customers waiting to talk with you right now… don’t keep them waiting.
CLICK HERE https://talkwithwebvisitors.com to try Talk With Web Visitor now.
If you’d like to unsubscribe click here http://talkwithwebvisitors.com/unsubscribe.aspx?d=chinaeurope.eu